An event in the past

When I was like seven years old, thirteen years ago! I went on vacations with my family to Punta Arenas. My Uncle invited us because he was in charge of an hospital construction (He is a civil engineer) and the company he worked for, gave him a very big and nice house to live during the work. I was a child so I don't remember much about the vacations. But I do remember some funny trips around Punta Arenas. One day we visited a wonderful natural place, called 'Milodon Cave' (Cueva del Milodón). This is a natural monument located in the Patagonia near Puerto Natales, a beautiful town with a beautiful landscape. The monument is situated along the flanks of Cerro Benitez. It comprises several caves and a rock formation called Silla del Diablo (Devil's Chair). The monument includes a cave which is notable for the discovery of skin, bones and other parts of a giant ground sloth called Mylodon darwini in 1895. It is also part of the End of the World Route, a scenic touristic route.

I don't have any photos of that, but on Internet there are a lot of photos of turists. Also at that age I didn't have camera :(

But believe me, I was there and I felt so tiny!



Here's a photo that I found on Internet. I don't think it has changed that much because the Milodon doesn't move! Haha.

Comentarios

  1. I am a bit envious, because I really would like to go to that area and spend a good time touring it xd

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A place/country that I would like to visit

My future job

Project: "Embracing the Maipo Hills" (Free topic 2)